The Most Beautiful Beaches of the Dominican RepublicMay 4, 2018
You have surely heard that some Caribbean beaches are the most beautiful in the world. Some of these beaches are in the Dominican Republic. Their white sand, corals and unique environment make it a popular destination for tourists from all over the world.
In addition to its dream beaches, the Dominican Republic, specifically Punta Cana, is a destination sought by many tourists because of the huge amount of outdoor activities that can be practiced, such as sports boating, hiking in nature parks or visits to charming islands.
Moreover, the Dominican Republic is one of the favorite choices of newlyweds to spend a honeymoon relax and at the same time very fun. It should be noted that the ideal season to travel in this country is from January to April, so avoid hurricanes.
If you are thinking of going there, here are eight beaches in the Dominican Republic where you can spend unforgettable moments:
The most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic
- Playa Rincón: I recommend one hundred percent this beach, located in the north of the country, specifically in the Samana Peninsula. Surrounded by white sand and coconut forest, Las Terrenas is one of the most popular and most beautiful beaches in the Dominican Republic.
Photo Contributor: Jason Li
- Bayahibe Beach: This beach belongs to a small fishing village, near La Romana, and is over 11 km long. It has become a famous destination because of its tropical vegetation, which is full of cacti, among other things. Bayahibe is ideal for fascinating activities like snorkelling or taking a boat to Saona Island.
- Punta Cana Beach: Considered to be the number one beach in the entire Dominican Republic, Punta Cana is also the most popular. Its endless kilometers of white sand are dotted with large resorts. There is also the Bibijagua market, which must be visited.
- Sosua Beach: Located in the north of the country, this beach is characterized by the intense turquoise color of its waters and its golden sand. In addition, it is surrounded by a lot of vegetation made of tropical shrubs, coconut trees and almond trees, for example.
- Cayo Levantado Beach: Located on the Samana Peninsula, Cayo Levantado actually consists of two beaches with abundant vegetation, namely Playa Grande and Playa Honda. Cayo Levantado is all the more charming because the water is so transparent that we can easily see the sand bottom and during the first three months of the year, we can observe the humpback whales.
Photo Contributor: Jason Li
- The Saona Island: This island is located in the protected regional park of Este and is considered as “the pearl of the Caribbean coast”. Migratory birds and protected vegetation coexist in this area surrounded by pristine beaches where you can not only bask in the sun, but also make beautiful walks.
- Playa Grande: This is the longest beach on the north coast of the country. It is considered one of the best to disconnect and isolate from the world. If you want to be as alone as possible, it is better to go there in the afternoon, it is then that there are fewer people and you can also enjoy a beautiful sunset. What more?
- Playa Dorada: It is also located in the north of the country and there is a huge amount of reefs and places to practice exciting activities, such as snorkelling, windsurfing and kiteboarding, which will give a touch of adventure to your stay.
[168 total views]